Tuesday 20 March 2012

Y U NO NEW POST?

Interesting interesting? Interesting week!

Ok so here's quick sum up of what happened in the past week:

(1) Of course my week started with the case interview at pwc. Zzz.... thanks for the experience

(2) Marketing coursework is due in less than a week. It's just a presentation so no biggie. Well that's not really a problem if you're not the presenter. Well... I AM TEH PRESENTATOORROR. Lolz. For some reason my team has to point fingers to the Msian guy with no proper accent to wow the crowd. Yay!~

(3) Made a start on the SES cw2. Uncertainty and more uncertainty so nothing much that was achieved. Will need to wait for further explanation hopefully during this Friday's lecture.

(4) Weekend was purely contributed towards the Marketing presentation prep. And I just remembered that I was required to complete the MMAP online assessment in 10 days from the previous week. Oh man. I didn't want to leave a bad impression by completing it on the 10th day of course so I was practically practicing the regular SHL numerical and verbal reasoning sample questions which I got off Vai and that was practically my whole Thursday-Sunday. So I decided to get the assessment done on Sunday night thinking my home internet connection would be pretty stable at that time of the day. Well that appeared to be the least of my concerns. The questions were FREAKIN HARD. The difficulty was on par with the assessments I had at Oliver Wyman in the previous year. More of the "complete 24 questions within 20 mins" type and I NEVER MANAGED TO FINISH IT. The questions weren't numbered but I definitely did not finish them. SHITZ..... imba to the max. Imma just praying for the best and that they were looking not for completeness but rather in terms of competence. 

Pray pray pray. Dear g0d. I pray that you put me through to the next stage and I promise I will make up for everything then. I PROMISE! 

So the other concern was with regards to the Marketing presentation. I was never the "salesman" type of guy and I never had much experience in front of large crowds. Not to mention business students this time. Imagine putting an engineer in front of a crowd of business students asking him to sell them something. lolz

It went pretty well actually. I had one of this "when your mind just blanks out" kind of moments during my first 30 seconds of the presentation. Literally after listening back to the lecture recording (lolz yea I was kinda recorded) and there was about 1-2 seconds of silence and that's when my mind decided to make me look like a fool. Haha but it was smooth thereafter. Good stuff. I'm quite glad I was the one to present on the day. Something to build me up towards my next challenge.

So yea. Great korean dinner with Kwang, Wai Yee and Zhi Jian yesterday. Will probably be seeing them more often around uni nowadays ;)

4 more days till end of term. 1 more FYP background report and 1 more SES cw2 and that's it!!!! It's just jobs, exams and FYP in summer. Work work for now. Better get off my lazy @ss.

Until next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment