Sunday 4 March 2012

Hope and prayer

On the 2nd of March I sent Maxis an email to request for an update on my MMAP application. I was greeted the next morning with a message inviting me a 1st phase Part A online assessment. WOW!!! Well I am most grateful for the opportunity but I remained a little skeptical regarding how I would fare completing the assessments myself considering I've usually had help from my housemates last year. But things have changed and I wan't to work things out with my own effort. There ain't no more free riding and it's only one way forwards. So I've told myself to practice the SHL online assessments daily. Well today's an exception since I've got a coursework submission the next morning.

So last night I headed into uni to do Part A of the assessment. Part A assesses my personality and profiles my work character. Well the assessment was familiar in fashion but unlike any I've done before. I tried to answer as instinctively as possible whilst persisting towards a leadership profile. But there are questions which I just felt as if there was neither a total positive to an answer nor a wholly negative character depiction. An example was a question which asks which described me best. It was between choice A or B:

A: You are more of an enterprising individual who works better alone as well as a risk taker and you would run your own business one day
B: You work well with well described aims and corporate structure, stick within rules/boundaries, friendly, loyal and work well within a group

I picked B instinctively. There were 2 ways to go about this. Choice A would probably depict a leader much better but I probably paid more attention to the part about working alone and running your own business. Would this be perceived as: "Why bother working with us then? I think there are two ways to it when looking between the 2 choices. 

Anyhow, its one question contributing toward a cumulative profiling tool. I can only pray that things will work out and hope that the committee would thoroughly consider my overall application justly. 

On and I've just completed EES CW1 and CW2! Well CW2 was done mainly by my group mate Laurence. Really awesome dude. Hope I could've contributed more but we all owe you one. So that's one presentation, one SES CW2 and FYP background to go! and that's 3 weeks including this coming week!!!! 

Until next time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment